Every Good Endeavor
Tim Keller, pastor of New York’s Redeemer Presbyterian Church and New York Timesbestselling author of The Reason for God, has taught and counseled students, young professionals, and senior leaders on the subject of work and calling for more than twenty years. Now he puts his insights into a book for readers everywhere, giving biblical perspectives on such pressing questions as:
• What is the purpose of work?
• How can I find meaning and serve customers in a cutthroat, bottom-line-oriented workplace?
• How can I use my skills in a vocation that has meaning and purpose?
• Can I stay true to my values and still advance in my field?
• How do I make the difficult choices that must be made in the course of a successful career?
With deep insight and often surprising advice, Keller shows readers that biblical wisdom is immensely relevant to our questions about our work. In fact, the Christian view of work—that we work to serve others, not ourselves—can provide the foundation of a thriving professional and balanced personal life. Keller shows how excellence, integrity, discipline, creativity, and passion in the workplace can help others and even be considered acts of worship—not just of self-interest.
Publication date: November 13, 2012.
Published by Dutton.
Balancing Life and Work at Morning Joe
English outside the US (Hodder & Stoughton)
Chinese, Traditional (Voice of Hope)
Chinese, Simplified (Shanghai Joint)
Dutch (Uitgeverij Van Wijnen)
French (Maison de la Bible)
German (Brunnen Verlag)
Portuguese (Vida Nova)